Sunday 1 September 2013

Manitowoc WI (ferry to Ludington Mich)

USS Cobra sub at museum in Manitowoc Harbor. Looks like a huge metal coffin to me!
Short day today of about 50 miles, had burrito dinner n am now waiting for the ferry (lvs here at 01:00 Sun). Forgot to mention that a policeman pulled me over in Eau Claire and told me that he wanted to b sure that I was being safe. Then asked about the kite and said it was flapping around. I told him that in general with me flying the kite most vehicles were staying a few feet further away from me /the bike
on the road. I lost my kite yesterday and left this morning with a new fish kite rigged up (c photo) BUT within 5 minutes it was on wobble mode. Photo of pelican fishing in shallow water n standing on a rock ( there were 3 pelicans there where i rode across the Fox R). I rode the whole day on secondary roads with way less traffic and slower speed limits. Magnificent older farm house photo too.

No comments:

Post a Comment