Monday 23 September 2013

Moncton

Another long story. Flat tires until I honestly ran out of ammo(tubes). I took a taxi 125km to a bike shop here. I had pulled a large staple out of the rear tire and put in the spare tube which would not pump up so thinking I may have pinched the tube installing it, I patched the tube I had taken out and put it in. That tube would not pump up either so my goose was cooked. It was very cold and when the taxi arrived the drizzle started. The repair tech at the bike shop found a little piece of pin wire in the sidewall of the tire that would puncture any tube being installed. I had chkd but didn't find that one. On from here tomorrow to meet Bruce Gauthier, my friend from grade 7. We will ride across PEI and then head for Halifax where he lives as the last ferry to where I want to get to in NFLD leaves Sept 27 and I can't get to Sydney by then. Photo of break down site. NB has been cruel with sooo many flat tires!!

No comments:

Post a Comment